Who is MyAircon?
MyAircon are the biggest distributor of Samsung and Alliance airconditioning and water heating products and have been in business for over a decade.
How do I determine the size of aircon required for my application?
Room size is dependent on the square meterage of the space. You can determine the size of your unit by multiplying the length x width of the room, then multiply this figure by roughly 600 Btu's per m2. Each size unit on the website specifies the square meterage of the space it caters for.
E.g. A room size of 20m2 (5m across by 4 meters wide) will require a 12000btu size aircon. A room size of 40m2 (10m across by 4m wide) will require a 24000btu size aircon and so on.
What is included in the installation fee?
The cost of the back-to-back installation (i.e. indoor unit located on the other side of the wall opposite the outdoor unit) with available plug point for the 9000btu and 12000btu is R2200.00 (incl. VAT). The cost of the installation for the 18000btu and 24000btu is R2350.00 (incl. VAT)
The cost of this installation includes the following:
- Up to 3metres of refrigerant piping, drain pipe and cable
- Outdoor mounting bracket (if required)
- Installation to a maximum height of 3metres above ground level
- Drilling of one hole for piping
- Holes will be filled but not painted
The installer will quote for all costs in addition to the 3metre back-to-back installation which will include but are not limited to the following:
- Any required piping and cabling in addition to the piping and cabling referred to above, or electrical connection to the main switchboard
- Travelling expenses in the event of the installation being out of a 30km radius from where the unit was bought
- Any other extras, including but not limited to:
- external isolators and additional electrical work required
- any additional refrigerant piping, insulation, drain pipe and cable
- trunking to cover piping
A qualified electrician must install an isolator at your own cost. He must install the isolator not more than 2metres from the condenser and within view of the condenser. The cost of this is in addition to the installation cost of the unit and must be paid directly to the electrician. Indoor and outdoor units must always be earthed.
How does delivery work?
Standard delivery takes between 1-4 working days dependant on the area you live in, between 8:00am-5:00pm. Delivery will be done by an installation company authorised by MyAircon. We will communicate the details of the installer who will be delivering the unit to you.
What are your warranty terms?
Our Samsung and Alliance aircon products cover a 5 year warranty provided that the unit is installed by an installation company authorised by MyAircon, the unit is serviced as per the warranty card guidelines; and the customer registers their product on www.fourwaysaircon.co.za or www.allianceair.co.za. All other warranties are as stipulated on the MyAircon website.
What payment options are available?
All payments go through Payfast and have various options such as credit card, debit card, EFT etc.
How will I be invoiced?
Your invoice will come from the installer authorised by MyAircon; who will be responsible for delivering and installing the unit (where applicable).
What are your hours of operation?
Our website never closes – you are free to purchase 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. Our Client Concierge team are available via email and will respond within 24 hours.
Where is my order? How can I track the status of my order?
We'll email you whenever the status of your order changes.
Can I change or edit my order?
Unfortunately, once an order is placed, we are unable to make any changes to it.
Can I cancel my order?
Once placed, orders cannot be cancelled. If you no longer want to receive the order, you can log a return by email on receiving your parcel. The item will then be collected from you free of charge, and a refund (or exchange, if requested) actioned once the items are returned to our warehouse.
Can I order by phone?
We don’t do phone or face to face orders. You can only order/purchase online.
Is MyAircon secure?
MyAircon is 100% safe and secure. We use physical, electronic, and administrative safeguards to assist us in preventing unauthorized access, maintaining data accuracy, and correctly using your personal information.
When does MyAircon charge my credit card?
We charge your card as soon as the order is processed (which is shortly after you checkout). You will receive an order confirmation via email.
How do I change my credit card details?
At checkout you will be prompted to enter your credit card details through PayFast. If your credit card details have changed you can simply add the new credit card details to your PayFast account.
Why is my credit card payment not going through?
Check that the card number, card name and expiry date is entered exactly as it is on the front of your card. Check that your 3 digit CVC number on the back of the card is also entered correctly.
Can I return any item?
In general, you can return an unwanted product to us at no charge, provided:
- it is undamaged and unused
- it is in the original packaging, which must be undamaged and in its original condition with all seals still intact (if applicable).
- it is not missing any accessories or parts; and
- you log a return on the Website contact us page or email us within 7 days of delivery to you; and
- it has not been installed. If the unit has been installed standard warranty and procedures will apply
How do I return (refund/exchange) an item?
- Log your exchange/refund request on the website or via email
- Prepare the return parcel and pack the product in its original packaging
- Collection will be through the dealer/installation company authorised by MyAircon that delivered the unit to you and he/she will arrange to collect the unit back from you.
What if I ordered the wrong size unit?
Each size unit on the website specifies the room size it caters for. You can calculate the square meterage of your room by multiplying the length x width. If your installer who delivers the unit determines the size of unit is too small for the application for which you intend to use it he will recommend that you exchange it for a bigger sized unit. He will then take the unit back and return it with a bigger size, or you can return the unit to MyAircon via the installer for a full refund by MyAircon (provided your unit is in line with requirements listed as per return stipulations)